Monday, July 1, 2013

Minty's Visit to Camp Crossed Arrows


Name: Minty Jade Beardon
Hometown: Thinmintoville, U.S.A.
Favorite Color: Green
Favorite Hobby: Painting, Fishing, and Singing
Favorite Girl Scout Song: Princess Pat

 
Hi! My name is Minty. I am a Daisy Girl Scout and this is my first time to ever be a Girl Scout. I am nervous about meeting new people, but I know I will have fun. I want to do everything that Girl Scouts do. My mom signed me up for camp and I was super nervous, because I didn’t know anyone there. I went all by myself to Camp Cross Arrows. I met a lot of new friends and had lots of fun. You want to hear about my first camp experience?

We got up early in the morning to head to camp. It took a long time to get there.

 
I went to sleep in the car, because I was so tired. When we finally got there it began to rain. My mom checked me in to camp and I met the Camp Director, Linda Archer. We got to call her Nike, because that’s her camp name. All the grownups had really cool camp names. When I get big I want a fun camp name too, like Cookie or Crayon. Do you have a camp name?

 We did a lot of cool stuff the whole week. We made tie dye shirts, clothespin dolls, and friendship bracelets. I also got to ride on a horse. That was my first time ever to get on a horse. It was so cool.

 
 
 
We also got to canoe, swim, and rock climb. After lunch we had a dance party and we sang camp songs. I liked singing the camp songs! My favorite part of camp was meeting all my new friends. We had a lot of fun. I met girls from Texarkana, Batesville, Maumelle, and Jonesboro. That’s a lot of places.

 
I had a blast at camp! I was kind of sad on the last day when my mom came to pick me up. I didn’t want to leave camp or my new friends. But mom said I can come back again. I can’t wait!!! I wonder how many days I have until next summer, because I can’t wait to go back to camp!

 

See you soon,

Minty

No comments:

Post a Comment